The building which now houses the Huron Shores Artisan Hall has had many owners and many diverse uses.
It was built in 1911 by H. Clayton Sherman for his Shore Laundry after the devastating fire that destroyed
the communities of AuSable and Oscoda. It originally stood just south of the George D. McNichol & Co. Bank
(now Myles and Sons Insurance).
The Independent Order of Odd Fellows purchased the building from Sherman in 1912 and moved it north a block away. They expanded the structure for lodge revenues by installing a kitchen and banquet room adding 24 feet to its lenght and rented it over the years of ownership to many different users.
The Rebekah Lodge met at the venue for years, as well as, traveling women evangelists who held revivals there in the late 1930s. Around the time of the Second World War the Richard Killmaster Oil Company purchased the northern end of the block and moved the building to its present location at the rear of the lot and used it for storage.
When Killmaster retired his employee of eleven years, Bill Parsons, purchased the property owning it from 1975-1985.
New owner’s Scott and Sharon Ostrander in 2016 divided their property and sold the building with parking space to the Downtown Development Authority (DDA).
Extensive renovation of the DDA was completed in 2018 and the building became the known as the Huron Shores Artisan Hall. The DDA intentions were to generate revenues for the township by hosting events such as weddings and festivals in downtown Oscoda.
David and Ann Rataj purchased the buiding from the township in 2021 and opened it as an Center for the Arts for the community.